The dealer wants $300 to do an oil change.
Well, not exactly. They want $300 to do the initial 600 mile break-in service, which includes:
- Replace engine oil and filter
- Drive chain cleaning, lube, and adjustment
- Tighten chassis bolts, exhaust pipe bolts
- Brake inspection
- Engine idle speed inspection
- Throttle valve synchronization
- Throttle cable play inspection
- Steering inspection
Do they honestly believe I’ll hand over good money for something a person with a 5th grade reading level could do themselves? Well, I wouldn’t. And as soon as I learn to read good, I’m doing this service myself!